- How to update a column with incrementing numbers
- How to get top N rows for each group?
- How to put a column into a delimited form
- How to export results of a stored procedure to a txt file
- Parsing delimited words from a column
- How to get N-th max value
- How to get a random row from a table
- How to dynamicaly rank rows
- How to get just date or just time from a datetime value
- Windows Media Player and folder.jpg Hell
The Many Uses of Coalesce in SQL Server
Many times people come across the Coalesce function and think that it is just a more powerful form of ISNULL. In actuality, I have found it to be one of the most useful functions with the least documentation. In this tip, I will show you the basic use of Coalesce and also some features you probably never new existed.
Source: Ken Simmons, MSSQLTips.com